Cool feed suitable for all horses, ideal for show horses, horses in light to medium work and retired horses. Helps increase body condition and muscle development.
Johnson’s Every Horse Weight Gain is a high fibre, balanced, pelleted feed designed to help increase body condition and muscle development while delivering sustained, safe energy. Providing cool energy, it is suitable for horses and ponies in light to medium work, retired or spelling horses, and competition horses.
- Introduce any new feeds into your horse’s diet gradually over a 1-2 week period.
- Designed to be fed in conjunction with roughage such as pasture and hay. May be fed either wet or dry, alone or combined with other ingredients (eg. chaff or grains). Horses should receive a minimum of 1% of their body weight in roughage per day.
- The suggested feeding rates are a guide, and the amount required will vary depending on the quality and quantity of pasture and hay available, stage of training, exercise intensity, body condition and metabolism of your horse.
- Divide into smaller feeds if feeding over 0.5kg per 100kg of body weight per day.
- Ensure your horse always has access to clean water.
Johnson’s Every Horse Weight Gain contains premium grade export quality Oaten Hay and Lucerne Hay, Lupins, Faba Beans, Full Fat Soybean (GMO free), Soybean Oil (GMO free) and Johnson’s Premium Vitamin and Mineral premix (including chelated minerals, prebiotics, probiotics, and mycotoxin binder).
FEEDING RATES (KG PER DAY)
|Body Weight (kg)/
|100||0.1 – 0.5||0.25 – 0.75||0.5 – 1.0||0.75 – 1.25|
|200||0.25 – 0.75||0.5 – 1.0||0.75 – 1.25||1.0 – 1.5|
|300||0.75 – 1.5||1.0 – 2.0||1.5 – 2.5||2.0 – 3.0|
|400||1.0 – 2.0||1.5 – 2.5||2.0 – 3.0||2.5 – 3.5|
|500||1.5 – 2.5||2.0 – 3.0||2.5 – 3.5||3.0 – 4.0|
|600||2.0 – 3.0||2.5 – 3.5||3.0 – 4.0||3.5 – 4.5|
|700||2.5 – 3.5||3.0 – 4.0||3.5 – 4.5||4.0 – 5.0|
|* Included as organic minerals|
|Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid)||13.5||mg/kg|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)||4.6||mg/kg|
|Vitamin B12 (Cyanocabalomin)||23.0||ug/kg|